Using a Firm Laptop in Biglaw Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Using a Firm Laptop in Biglaw

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:33 pm

The firm I'll be joining this fall reimburses new associates for the purchase of a laptop. What do biglaw associates actually use laptops for, beyond working from home? Is it best to get something boring and work-appropriate? I'd like to get the new 12 inch MacBook Apple just announced, in gold, but like most law students, I'm incredibly sensitive about being judged.

Anonymous User

Re: Using a Firm Laptop in Biglaw

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:49 pm

You often plug those laptops into a dock (or if a Mac, just a cable) when you get into the office. The MacBook is great, but get a color other than gold.

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:You often plug those laptops into a dock (or if a Mac, just a cable) when you get into the office. The MacBook is great, but get a color other than gold.
Don't listen to this guy.. get a macbook in gold you're going to look fabuloussssssss

Jurssiczz

New

Post by Jurssiczz » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:00 pm

Getting a Mac is fine but don't get it in gold; you'll seem like a show off.

cookiejar1

Silver

Post by cookiejar1 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:55 pm

fuck the haters go for gold

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:59 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:The firm I'll be joining this fall reimburses new associates for the purchase of a laptop. What do biglaw associates actually use laptops for, beyond working from home? Is it best to get something boring and work-appropriate? I'd like to get the new 12 inch MacBook Apple just announced, in gold, but like most law students, I'm incredibly sensitive about being judged.
It is not really yellow gold, it is more a subdued champagne color. I think it fits nicely in any office setting.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Ask your firm. They might only support Windows. And probably have a discount plan with someone.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”