Skip OCI Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Skip OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Anyone ever had this happen before when dinged for a 1L SA by a firm? Asking to forego the screener process at OCI and wanting to schedule a call back in August. Keep in mind I did not interview for the 1L OCI; just mass mail. Will the interview be nothing more than a screener at the firm or an actual CB (if you had a guess)

goldeneye

Silver

Re: Skip OCI

Post by goldeneye » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone ever had this happen before when dinged for a 1L SA by a firm? Asking to forego the screener process at OCI and wanting to schedule a call back in August. Keep in mind I did not interview for the 1L OCI; just mass mail. Will the interview be nothing more than a screener at the firm or an actual CB (if you had a guess)
1) who cares what it actually is? Just go interview and crush it
2) ask them

Avian

Bronze

Post by Avian » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone ever had this happen before when dinged for a 1L SA by a firm? Asking to forego the screener process at OCI and wanting to schedule a call back in August. Keep in mind I did not interview for the 1L OCI; just mass mail. Will the interview be nothing more than a screener at the firm or an actual CB (if you had a guess)
Did you interview previously from a mass mail or just get dinged right away? If you're scheduled to meet with one person it's a screener, if you're scheduled to meet with a group of people (usually at least four) then it's a callback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:51 pm

My spouse skipped OCI entirely, but it was a bit of a special situation. She was in the local market for a 1L SA that she wanted to keep working at through the OCI date. She mailed firms in town that were also coming to her school's OCI and asked if they would be interested in interviewing her while she was in town. Quite a few said yes. Only one took the request negatively. They pretty much went straight to CB.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:52 pm

goldeneye wrote:
1) who cares what it actually is? Just go interview and crush it
2) ask them
Thanks, was just curious if anyone had prior experience w/ this
Avian wrote:
Did you interview previously from a mass mail or just get dinged right away? If you're scheduled to meet with one person it's a screener, if you're scheduled to meet with a group of people (usually at least four) then it's a callback.
Mass mailed in february for a 1L SA. Interview will be in august. Dont know who with. (OP)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Pre-OCI CBs aren't uncommon. Not exactly the same situation, but after doing a 1L SA CB and not being given an offer, I was invited back to do a 2L SA CB in August before OCI. Its probably a CB even given the different circumstances.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:15 pm

I skipped OCI. It was dope. I heavily recommend it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks everyone. Hoping it works out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:18 pm

If you weren't given 1L SA offer but you got direct to CB offer for 2L SA, are you at an advantage? Is the offer rate higher for these people?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:31 pm

which market? I got a similar request, and if you are really curious about what it is, prob best to ask them about it (maybe in a roundabout way); if they say its with one interviewer then its an initial interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
which market? I got a similar request, and if you are really curious about what it is, prob best to ask them about it (maybe in a roundabout way); if they say its with one interviewer then its an initial interview.
NY, you?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
NY, you?
same here. Given the fact that my career service people wasn't sure what this was, I'm guessing this is relatively a new thing

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
NY, you?
same here. Given the fact that my career service people wasn't sure what this was, I'm guessing this is relatively a new thing
Weil has done this for years now.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:25 am

Anonymous User wrote: Weil has done this for years now.
Any idea how these people faired, generally at Weil. Was it considered a CB or screener?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Any idea how these people faired, generally at Weil. Was it considered a CB or screener?
Its a CB, and conversion rates are high. If you get the offer they will give you it well before OCI but you might have timing issues where the deadline they give you will be before you've done all of your OCI CBs/received all your offers. However, they were very accommodating in giving extensions so don't be afraid to ask if you're put in that situation.

GL

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Its a CB, and conversion rates are high. If you get the offer they will give you it well before OCI but you might have timing issues where the deadline they give you will be before you've done all of your OCI CBs/received all your offers. However, they were very accommodating in giving extensions so don't be afraid to ask if you're put in that situation.

GL
Thanks- I really appreciate the advice/input. Now I'll know to ask for an extension, should I be so lucky to be extended an offer.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”