2nd callback, what to ask? help! Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2nd callback, what to ask? help!

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:48 pm

This is for big law/3L. Any tips for a second callback, what kind of interview questions to ask, especially the ones I have met.
HELP!

Anonymous User

Re: 2nd callback, what to ask? help!

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:40 am

bump

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:bump
I read your OP twice and do not understand it. If you ask a coherent question, perhaps you'll get some answers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:This is for big law/3L. Any tips for a second callback, what kind of interview questions to ask, especially the ones I have met.
HELP!
Best advice I can give (worked everywhere), be chill/friendly and try to get everyone to like you. Also, don't be unprofessional. I call it "the mirror principle"-mirror what others show you they want. If you are hanging with some bro mid-level, be a bro/sis that they like. If you are with some old partner, be the astute, inquisitive, and filled-w/decorum person that they remember themselves as. If you are with some awkward patent prosecutor, make them feel cool and be genuinely interested in their line of work. If it is some hypercritical person that seems to have a stick up her butt, be butt sticky with them.

Basically, at the end, you want everyone on your side (usually by being someone the associates wouldn't mind hanging with, and someone the partners would want representing them). Not always though, some of my best interviews were shooting the bro breeze with pimp old partners that wanted to feel young.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”