Dropping Classes on Transcript Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Dropping Classes on Transcript

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:13 am

I'm a 2L who is starting to think I bit off too much this semester and would like to drop a class. While it doesn't look like it would be a problem, there would be a "W" on my transcript for the semester. While I highly doubt my firm would care (V20, 100% offer rate), I'm curious as to what the withdrawal on my transcript would mean long-term re: clerkships and lateraling. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

BVest

Platinum

Re: Dropping Classes on Transcript

Post by BVest » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:56 am

I have one for a family medical reason. I actually addressed the issue (not the W but the underlying issue) in my cover letters. (It took me under 12 hours for fall of 2L, so I felt like I needed to mention it). I can't speak to lateraling, but It never got mentioned in the several clerkship interviews I got (and my application-interview ratio was commensurate with my grades).
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pikappraider

Gold

Post by Pikappraider » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:01 pm

I would just keep the class and coast to a 3.0-3.3. You can easily get that with literally 0 work until the final or paper

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:07 pm

Pikappraider wrote:I would just keep the class and coast to a 3.0-3.3. You can easily get that with literally 0 work until the final or paper
My concern with that is that I'm coming from a lower T2. I worry that to be competitive, I need to keep getting A's.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”