Exit options from entry-level in-house? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Exit options from entry-level in-house?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:50 am

I'm working as an entry-level in-house counsel in a F500, and I'm just wondering what my exit options are.

The company itself isn't bad, but I hate the geographical area (the company's other offices are in similarly crappy cities/towns, so transferring won't help), the pay isn't great (though COL is low), and I'm working in a practice area that I have very little interest in (non-finance, so not particularly portable--think along the lines of insurance). I'm happy to have a job and to put in my couple years here while I learn whatever skills make me more marketable, but where does one go from here?

Johann

Diamond

Re: Exit options from entry-level in-house?

Post by Johann » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:15 pm

well nobody can really tell you what your exit options unless you tell us what you do. you can leave in house for big law in the right groups. in other groups, you can only leave in house for shit law. do you go to court? do you draft shit? what type of law do you do? where did your supervisors come from?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”