Deleted. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
0heL

New

Deleted.

Post by 0heL » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:22 am

Deleted for outing info.
Last edited by 0heL on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Br3v

Gold

Re: 1L B- w/ Median Grades...

Post by Br3v » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:56 am

0heL wrote:Got a B-, but overall I'm slightly above median (not trying to mince hairs here, just establishing that I'm not way below the curve). I'm a URM at MVP, with work experience. Am I automatically out at V10? Out at Skadden? What about Latham? I know they're all long shots at this point, just curious if the B- has really sunk my ship. TYIA
Do you have a good reason for wanting, as a current 1L, to work at those firms?

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:00 am

Br3v wrote:
0heL wrote:Got a B-, but overall I'm slightly above median (not trying to mince hairs here, just establishing that I'm not way below the curve). I'm a URM at MVP, with work experience. Am I automatically out at V10? Out at Skadden? What about Latham? I know they're all long shots at this point, just curious if the B- has really sunk my ship. TYIA
Do you have a good reason for wanting, as a current 1L, to work at those firms?
Curious myself for your answer.

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:01 am

i'm sure the b- doesn't matter. median and urm at mvp is a good spot to be in. the gpa is what's relevant. don't get another b-, and you're probably ok. s/he wants those firms for prestige obviously. vanity and insecurity aren't crimes.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:50 am

Above median URM at MVP makes you at least somewhat competitive at firms like Skadden and Latham. It will come down to personality. Then again, you have a whole other semester of grades to go.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:17 am

Curious for personal reasons. Is a URM just AAs for hiring purposes or would a Hispanic also get a decent boost?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:39 am

"Boost" is the wrong word (it's not like law school, where the right LSAT and GPA guarantee admission), but it can help. If you speak Spanish fluently and can use it in a business context, that may be even more important.

PvblivsScipio

Bronze

Post by PvblivsScipio » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:25 pm

You'll be fine.
Last edited by PvblivsScipio on Tue May 12, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:08 pm

I was below median after 1L fall at a T10. I'll be at a V10 this summer. Just kill it second semester. Firms could care less as to specific grades, GPA is what matters.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”