Weil Interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
xtinas92

New

Weil Interview

Post by xtinas92 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi all,

I just got an interview at Weil for the 1L diversity program. I was wondering if anyone knew what their interview process is like and how many students they choose each year?

runinthefront

Gold

Re: Weil Interview

Post by runinthefront » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:19 pm

xtinas92 wrote:Hi all,

I just got an interview at Weil for the 1L diversity program. I was wondering if anyone knew what their interview process is like and how many students they choose each year?
no idea, but can I ask when you applied?
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:22 pm

Not familiar with their diversity interview process but I imagine it is similar to their OCI interviewing (which I went through last semester and received a SA). Their interviewing process is very straightforward and not at all atypical from all the other major firms. My only advice would be to look up the NALP of the office you're interviewing for and see how many associates they have in each section (lit/corp) then go into Weil's website and become familiar with their specific programs (ie - PEMA [private equity M&A] and BFR [business, finance, and restructuring] etc...). Anyway, good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:26 am

Was told during my 1L SA CB last year that they take 1 person from each of their target schools (which was like 8 of the T14). Because its just 1 spot per school (and from my school at least they interviewed close to 10), its going to be a much lower offer rate than an OCI CB. But with that being said its still important to take seriously because even if you don't get the 1L SA, if they like you they will have you back for an early CB in the summer, before you go through OCI, and you can lock up an offer right then.

xtinas92

New

Post by xtinas92 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:30 am

I applied online. The interview went well, so i guess i just have to cross my fingers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”