Trading Up After 2L Summer: Midlaw to Biglaw Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Trading Up After 2L Summer: Midlaw to Biglaw

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Looked for info on this, but couldn't find anything from TLS. Here's my deal: I currently work with and have an SA with a 100+ attorney firm doing tech transactions, M&A and VC work for early to mid-stage tech clients and small VC funds. My 1L grades had me in the Top 25% at a school ranked 50-60. I've gotten my fall grades back, and they should put me at or near the Top 10%, based on current/past cut-offs. Want to trade up because (1) I'd like to do some public company work; and (2) I think Biglaw probably has better/less risky in-house exit options.

Wondering if anyone in my position has done this, and how they did it. TYIA.

Actus Reus

Bronze

Re: Trading Up After 2L Summer: Midlaw to Biglaw

Post by Actus Reus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Looked for info on this, but couldn't find anything from TLS. Here's my deal: I currently work with and have an SA with a 100+ attorney firm doing tech transactions, M&A and VC work for early to mid-stage tech clients and small VC funds. My 1L grades had me in the Top 25% at a school ranked 50-60. I've gotten my fall grades back, and they should put me at or near the Top 10%, based on current/past cut-offs. Want to trade up because (1) I'd like to do some public company work; and (2) I think Biglaw probably has better/less risky in-house exit options.

Wondering if anyone in my position has done this, and how they did it. TYIA.
stay with your current firm. public company work is overrated and working with VC funds and tech clients is better than anything youll get in biglaw. dont be blinded by the name of the firm.

mvp99

Silver

Re: Trading Up After 2L Summer: Midlaw to Biglaw

Post by mvp99 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:11 am

be glad you have a job at all!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”