Los Angeles DA's - Transcripts??? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Los Angeles DA's - Transcripts???

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Hello everybody,

I have been told previously that the Los Angeles DA's does not check transcripts for employment as a DDA. Is this true? I know they do not check for internships/volunteer positions, but what about being hired as a DDA? I got my first semester grades back two weeks ago, and unfortunately did not do so well, and I wanted to maybe drop out of law school and kill my hopes of being a DDA, until someone told me they do not check grades??

Thank you!

Anonymous User

Re: Los Angeles DA's - Transcripts???

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:59 am

bump

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:44 am

Is that the only job you're interested in doing - LA DDA?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:35 pm

No, I ultimately want to be in the LADA, but I will probably find other DA Offices if I do not get the LADA my first try.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:47 pm

I asked just because I wasn't sure if you were going to law school only to be an LA DDA and that you would drop out if you couldn't, and that got me a little worried.

I don't know anything about LA specifically, so this isn't that helpful, but I think generally many DAs offices are going to be more concerned with your experience than your grades. Also, one semester isn't going to torpedo you (especially since so many DAs offices don't hire till post bar - if they care about grades you have a lot of time to pull them up).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:18 pm

Ahh okay thank you so much! That's a relief. Do you know if it is more important to do mock trial (or moot court??, whatever the DA prefers more) or actual preliminaries at the DA's office? I think I'll try to do both, but I am not sure if I would have time to do so.

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ahh okay thank you so much! That's a relief. Do you know if it is more important to do mock trial (or moot court??, whatever the DA prefers more) or actual preliminaries at the DA's office? I think I'll try to do both, but I am not sure if I would have time to do so.
Actual preliminaries. Grades will be seen in LA but they won't hurt you. They can help you, however. Who wouldn't look somewhat positively at good grades? But the emphasis is very minimal. Mock trial is a waste of time compared to doing actual, real in court stuff. DAs won't ask you in an interview "so how many mock trials have you done?" They'll almost 100% guaranteed ask you "so how many prelims have you done?" I'd do mock trial if I could get credit for it and substitute it for a class, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”