Private to Government Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Private to Government

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:38 pm

What are the chances of me going into Big Law for 5-7 years and then going into government for public policy? I'd like to gather corporate knowledge/skills and carry them over to the public sector.

Thanks...

Anonymous User

Re: Private to Government

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What are the chances of me going into Big Law for 5-7 years and then going into government for public policy? I'd like to gather corporate knowledge/skills and carry them over to the public sector.

Thanks...
What do you mean by public policy? If you mean into an attorney position at a government agency that does enforcement or regulatory, then your odds will vary by practice area but can be very good. If you mean into a true policy position, that will be much harder to predict since many of those jobs are political appointments.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Private to Government

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:45 pm

OP I'm not going to out you, but 0Ls aren't allowed to post in this forum. The appropriate forum is Ask a Law Student/Grad. However, that forum doesn't allow anon, so I'm going to lock rather than move this, and you can re-ask there if you prefer.

Return to “Legal Employment”