Dumb Question about Thank You Notes Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Dumb Question about Thank You Notes

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:50 pm

Yesterday afternoon (Friday) I had an interview for a court counsel position in Florida. I went to law school out of state so I don't know what the local customs are on thank you notes/emails. My interview went really well but they're interviewing many people. I was stupid and forgot to ask for the interviewers' cards before I left. The receptionist was gone when I was leaving, so I couldn't ask her. I don't think there were any cards displayed on the front desk, but I didn't want to linger bc next interviewee was sitting there and I felt weird. I am probably over-thinking this, but should I try figuring out their contact info to send them thank you notes/emails? They said I'd hear back in a week or two, if that makes a difference.

Also in general are thank you's expected? Back in my law school state it was either an offer on the spot, or don't contact us we'll contact you.

I have another interview in a few days and don't want to mess up again. Ugh.

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Dumb Question about Thank You Notes

Post by BigZuck » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:12 pm

This post is just another invitation for people to argue about whether to send thank you notes or not, unfortunately

Send them if it'll make you feel better

Pokemon

Gold

Re: Dumb Question about Thank You Notes

Post by Pokemon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:40 am

I rarely thank cause it sounds desperate and I would never thank if they did not provide me with card and told me to reach them for questions. My judge however expects thank you letters, so guess it all depends.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”