Help - Interview in another city Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Help - Interview in another city

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Hey guys, so I know this is random and my own doing, but I am trying to figure out how to best spin this. In sending out my mass mails, I added a statement to certain cities where I had family that I would be in town soon and would like to interview.

One firm confirmed that they would like to interview me, however tickets are ridiculously expensive to fly there from my current PNW city (Flying to flyover state).

Any ideas or advice on how to spin this to get them to pay for it, or am I stuck shelling out the 600 bones for a one day plane ticket?

Thanks!

FSK

Platinum

Re: Help - Interview in another city

Post by FSK » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys, so I know this is random and my own doing, but I am trying to figure out how to best spin this. In sending out my mass mails, I added a statement to certain cities where I had family that I would be in town soon and would like to interview.

One firm confirmed that they would like to interview me, however tickets are ridiculously expensive to fly there from my current PNW city (Flying to flyover state).

Any ideas or advice on how to spin this to get them to pay for it, or am I stuck shelling out the 600 bones for a one day plane ticket?

Thanks!
You're stuck, but if its a callback just suck it up.
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JusticeJackson

Silver

Post by JusticeJackson » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:09 pm

Last edited by JusticeJackson on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:35 pm

JusticeJackson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys, so I know this is random and my own doing, but I am trying to figure out how to best spin this. In sending out my mass mails, I added a statement to certain cities where I had family that I would be in town soon and would like to interview.

Thanks!
You told them you'd be in town soon, and now you want them to pay for your ticket so that you can be in town? I don't know man, I think I'd ding you just for that.

I just was wondering if there is any way to get around shelling out the big bucks, but I should have realized last minute flights are not cheap.

Know a good way to get a cheap flight last minute?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”