AUSA Interviews Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

AUSA Interviews

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Does anyone here have any insight on what entry-level AUSA interviews look like? Are they closer to prosecutor/DA-type interviews, where you might get hypos, stress interviews, etc.? Or are they more similar to other federal agencies (behavioral interviews)?

JusticeJackson

Silver

Re: AUSA Interviews

Post by JusticeJackson » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:52 pm

Last edited by JusticeJackson on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:10 pm

The AUSA interview I had didn't involve hypos (thank god), but there was a lot of grilling me on everything on my resume, detailed questions about my experience, and stuff getting at the asset in the courtroom issue. Also, "why do you want to be an AUSA" and "why do you want to be in this district." Mostly this was the main panel that interviewed me, then I had some interviews with various AUSAs where it was more "why do you want to work here and what questions can I answer for you." I also interviewed with the USA (who is a fairly low-key, quiet/reserved personality, and was being very non-directive in the interview, so I just blathered about myself for a while. But that's obviously going to depend on the USA).

JusticeJackson

Silver

Post by JusticeJackson » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:17 pm

Last edited by JusticeJackson on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:12 pm

bump. anyone have any additional input they'd be willing to share?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”