Headhunters, Legal Recruiters, etc. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Headhunters, Legal Recruiters, etc.

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Raiden wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Raiden wrote:uh...isn't the legal market kind of dead in terms of hiring rn?
I work in an area that got even busier because of COVID-19 and will continue to get busier as more legislation is released, so I think firms would still hire for my practice.
L&E? I just hope that companies have the cash to pay their attorneys.
Close. Benefits and Comp. We do some employment counseling as well. It’s been like drinking from a hose these past few days and there seems to be no end in sight.

Yeah, that part is the only concern. We charge pretty premium rates for a Benefits/Comp practice that does general advising/counseling, so I doubt we will collect all of it. Not really my problem if I leverage this experience and move on to a better firm, though.
Are big law firms still hiring right now for benefits and comp? I was in the middle of my interview process (two interviews) when COVID happened and it's been radio silence since. Law firm's recruiter said there's no update as of now, so I'm not sure of I should hold out or just give up. Are they busy? Am I being ghosted? Are they reviewing budgets/hiring needs?

tlssdenverco

New

Post by tlssdenverco » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:39 am

Amidst with this pandemic headhunters and staffing agency still searching for qualified candidates that would filled in some position, as there are still posting that need virtual assistance. who knows you might get your luck.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:22 pm

Reviving this thread - anyone have any recommendations for recruiters in NYC or Texas (Houston/Dallas)? In particular looking to retool into tech transactions from general corporate.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:50 am

I recently worked with Elevate Search Consulting in NYC- they were phenomenal! Knowledgable, responsive and never felt like there was any pressure or BS. They had a great feel for what I was looking for and never tried to force feed me into some crap position for a fee.

I think the biggest reason for using a recruiter isn't the applying process- I could do that on my own- but the interview prep. I felt like I was walking into a test with all the answers. My recruiter nailed the questions they were going to ask me and I knew exactly how to respond. Also recruiters can kind of serve as an agent to act as a buffer between you and the potential employer if things ever get awkward.

Hope this helps!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”