CB: every person asked the same question? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CB: every person asked the same question?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:26 pm

Had a CB from mass mailing today. Is it odd that of the multiple meetings I had, each person asked the same thing--(about my experience on LR, which is what we ended up talking about for most of the interview)--and didn't really ask anything substantive (i didn't even get one of those lame "tell me a strength/weakness" type question)?

only biglaw interview I've done, so not too familiar with CBs

Desert Fox

Diamond

Re: CB: every person asked the same question?

Post by Desert Fox » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had a CB from mass mailing today. Is it odd that of the multiple meetings I had, each person asked the same thing--(about my experience on LR, which is what we ended up talking about for most of the interview)--and didn't really ask anything substantive (i didn't even get one of those lame "tell me a strength/weakness" type question)?

Everyone focusing on LR is a bit weird, but not outside the norm of possible. Strength and weakness Questions are very rare in legal interviews.

How bad is your resume? Is LR the only highlight?
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:34 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had a CB from mass mailing today. Is it odd that of the multiple meetings I had, each person asked the same thing--(about my experience on LR, which is what we ended up talking about for most of the interview)--and didn't really ask anything substantive (i didn't even get one of those lame "tell me a strength/weakness" type question)?

Everyone focusing on LR is a bit weird, but not outside the norm of possible. Strength and weakness Questions are very rare in legal interviews.

resume is meh, not bad, but I have the normal published/awards/clinic stuff. That's just what they really focused on though--and itd be odd that I'd have a mass mail cb if they didn't atleast think my resume was ok.

I know i can't read into it, but it was weird going from one partner to the next discussing how I bluebook

Desert Fox

Diamond

Post by Desert Fox » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

resume is meh, not bad, but I have the normal published/awards/clinic stuff. That's just what they really focused on though--and itd be odd that I'd have a mass mail cb if they didn't atleast think my resume was ok.

I know i can't read into it, but it was weird going from one partner to the next discussing how I bluebook
I guess it could mean these guys were really into law review.

Or it means you were boring as hell and they couldn't find anything else to talk about. How interested where they in law review stuff. I find it sort of hard to believe they'd care even 1 fuck about bluebook.
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:00 pm

I'd guess that the interviewers really didn't prepare much for the interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
I guess it could mean these guys were really into law review.

Or it means you were boring as hell and they couldn't find anything else to talk about. How interested where they in law review stuff. I find it sort of hard to believe they'd care even 1 fuck about bluebook.

Hopefully they werent bored, because it was one of the first questions the first person asked. Maybe I just instantly bore people? 8)

Edit: to be fair, they did ask about my publication, though it has little practical value to the practice area I was interviewing for

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”