When to move experience section above education on resume? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SDviaVA

Bronze

When to move experience section above education on resume?

Post by SDviaVA » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:50 pm

Is it too soon to move my experience section above my education section resume? I graduated law school in May 2013. My legal employment thus far consists of:

Post Law school:
1 year judicial clerkship (trial level)

During law school:
1 year as a law clerk at a small firm (full time summer, part time during 3L)
5 months in law school clinic
4 month unpaid internship
3 month judicial intern

I also have 5 years of experience working in labs in the biotech field prior to law school.

I just completed my judicial clerkship about a week ago and I was unable to line anything up before my clerkship ended. Needless to say, I have been frantically sending out resumes recently. My academics are not seller: I was in the middle of the class at a TTT, on moot court, no journal. My thoughts are that my judicial clerkship experience is the best thing I have on my resume that will make me stand out at this point, and I want to put this first on my resume. However, I'm not sure if it is too soon to move my experience up?

SDviaVA

Bronze

Re: When to move experience section above education on resume?

Post by SDviaVA » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:49 pm

any other unemployed law clerks out there who have looked at this issue? Or someone who has had it?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”