Kirkland NY vs. Milbank NY Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Kirkland NY or Milbank NY

Kirkland
57%
Milbank
43%

Total votes: 14

Anonymous User

Kirkland NY vs. Milbank NY

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi y'all,

I have offers from both Kirkland and Milbank NY. I am not sure what practice I want to be in, but I've narrowed it down to Corporate or Tax. I have no problem with Kirkland's free market system, and think I can probably thrive in that environment. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a more standard system, like the one at Milbank. I'm also unsure whether I prefer Kirkland's intensity or Milbank's slightly more laid back culture.

If anyone has worked at either firm, or has researched them enough to have an opinion, or just has any general advice about these choices, I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you so much!

Old Gregg

Platinum

Re: Kirkland NY vs. Milbank NY

Post by Old Gregg » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Both are strong corporate practices, with K&E being considered "better." K&E focuses on PE with a bit of public company representation growing as well. Milbank represents way more financial institutions. On the lending side, you're looking at representing borrowers at K&E and lenders at Milbank.

It's easy enough to switch between the two firms down the line (assuming either has a need), so I'd make my decision based on gut (or even $$$). Easy to correct if you believe you've made a "mistake" down the line, even as soon as after your summer program (assuming you receive a permanent offer).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”