Banking Regulator Attorney Honors 2014: OCC, FRB, FDIC, CFPB Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Platinum

Re: Banking Regulator Attorney Honors 2014: OCC, FRB, FDIC, CFPB

Post by 03152016 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:55 pm

CHIWASHDC879 wrote:To the user with 201532 posts.

You post over 100 times a day.

You have posts saying you are a 2L, posts saying you are a 3L, posts saying that you have been a federal clerk for the past 8 years, and other posts that you are a 1L at HARVARD.

Haha what is going on???
ljfl

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:31 pm

CHIWASHDC879 wrote:To the user with 201532 posts.

You post over 100 times a day.

You have posts saying you are a 2L, posts saying you are a 3L, posts saying that you have been a federal clerk for the past 8 years, and other posts that you are a 1L at HARVARD.

Haha what is going on???
Dude, please see my response to one of the other places where you posted this.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:59 pm

Anyone with anything new to report?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone with anything new to report?
I had a phone interview recently with the CFPB. Haven't heard anything since.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:06 pm

Good for you, sad for me! How long ago?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Good for you, sad for me! How long ago?
Within past few days. From what I hear, there are bunch of regulatory agencies still giving out initial interviews so keep your fingers crossed. You are not out until your status change.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Is anyone still getting interview requests for CFPB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone still getting interview requests for CFPB?
I had an in-person (second) interview earlier this week. I was under the impression this was the last week for DC interviews, but the scheduling was a bit up in the air.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:26 pm

Thank you for the information! Good luck!

[quote][/quote]I had an in-person (second) interview earlier this week. I was under the impression this was the last week for DC interviews, but the scheduling was a bit up in the air.
Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:08 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I had an in-person (second) interview earlier this week. I was under the impression this was the last week for DC interviews, but the scheduling was a bit up in the air.

What makes you think this was the last week for DC interviews? and do you mean initial interviews or second interviews?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
So safe to assume that if no interview request yet, likely a ding?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What makes you think this was the last week for DC interviews? and do you mean initial interviews or second interviews?
Initially, they said the DC interviews would be taking place the last two weeks of October, and asked me to pick available dates those weeks. Then, they asked for additional dates this past week, and ended up scheduling me for this past Monday. I was never told directly, though! Also, this was for second interviews.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Initially, they said the DC interviews would be taking place the last two weeks of October, and asked me to pick available dates those weeks. Then, they asked for additional dates this past week, and ended up scheduling me for this past Monday. I was never told directly, though! Also, this was for second interviews.
Thanks. How long after your first interview did it take to be notified that you got a second round interview?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Thanks. How long after your first interview did it take to be notified that you got a second round interview?[/quote]

One week later. Also, this was for Enforcement - the other offices have their own timelines.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Any dings or offers yet for those who interviewed with the FDIC?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any dings or offers yet for those who interviewed with the FDIC?
I've not heard anything either way. Anxiously awaiting a decision. I'll post when I do hear.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any dings or offers yet for those who interviewed with the FDIC?
I've not heard anything either way. Anxiously awaiting a decision. I'll post when I do hear.
To OP quoted above: same for me. Interviewed, but no word yet. I'll update once I know more.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:18 pm

Has anyone heard post callback from the OCC? I wasn't given a timeline for when decisions would be made.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:25 pm

On FDIC Honors, has anyone heard back? They told me that November was the expected time to hear back from them. Figure it has to happen this week or it won't be until the week after Thanksgiving.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:19 pm

I would love to know if anyone has heard from the CFPB. Growing extremely restless waiting...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I would love to know if anyone has heard from the CFPB. Growing extremely restless waiting...
Had a phone interview a month ago and I haven't heard anything back. I am guessing I am out of the running since they probably have moved on from phone interviews to the second in office interviews with people since then.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:On FDIC Honors, has anyone heard back? They told me that November was the expected time to hear back from them. Figure it has to happen this week or it won't be until the week after Thanksgiving.
I was told by an attorney in the office that the last set of interviews took place the week of November 3rd. Since this Friday marks two weeks since the end of that week (no idea which day they finished up interviews the week of 11-3), I have a feeling we won't hear anything until after Thanksgiving, especially considering that one of the interviewers works at a regional office and the panel probably has to coordinate schedules to compare notes and reach a decision.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:On FDIC Honors, has anyone heard back? They told me that November was the expected time to hear back from them. Figure it has to happen this week or it won't be until the week after Thanksgiving.
I was told by an attorney in the office that the last set of interviews took place the week of November 3rd. Since this Friday marks two weeks since the end of that week (no idea which day they finished up interviews the week of 11-3), I have a feeling we won't hear anything until after Thanksgiving, especially considering that one of the interviewers works at a regional office and the panel probably has to coordinate schedules to compare notes and reach a decision.
I see, and thanks for this insight. I thought they said they'd be finishing up interviews sometime in October, so if the last interviews were a couple weeks ago, the delay makes a little more sense.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I see, and thanks for this insight. I thought they said they'd be finishing up interviews sometime in October, so if the last interviews were a couple weeks ago, the delay makes a little more sense.

With 25 candidates (I think that's the number I remember them quoting?) and 2ish weeks since the last set of interviews, I definitely think it'll be after Thanksgiving. Would be nice to know sooner though...

For those that applied to FDIC Honors and got an interview, JLC or 3L?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Has anyone heard back from the OCC?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”