Banking Regulator Attorney Honors 2014: OCC, FRB, FDIC, CFPB Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Banking Regulator Attorney Honors 2014: OCC, FRB, FDIC, CFPB

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So, I know this thread has been dead for a little bit, but I know for a fact that another FDIC Honors offer just went out within the past week (it was to a friend of mine). I'm uncertain if s/he will take it because they interviewed before s/he got an offer with their summer firm, but just wanted to see how it'd all play out. Now, after 3 months of radio silence (true to gov't form), and assuming that it was a "no," the Honors offer comes in. I work for the FedGov for a related agency and know people at the FDIC (so I may be biased), but s/he have to decide within the week. S/he is torn, but I recommended maybe polling some folks here on TLS who might have been in a similar situation (and not just my biased view).
For the sanity of those still hoping to receive an offer, did your friend accept her offer? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Banking Regulator Attorney Honors 2014: OCC, FRB, FDIC, CFPB

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So, I know this thread has been dead for a little bit, but I know for a fact that another FDIC Honors offer just went out within the past week (it was to a friend of mine). I'm uncertain if s/he will take it because they interviewed before s/he got an offer with their summer firm, but just wanted to see how it'd all play out. Now, after 3 months of radio silence (true to gov't form), and assuming that it was a "no," the Honors offer comes in. I work for the FedGov for a related agency and know people at the FDIC (so I may be biased), but s/he have to decide within the week. S/he is torn, but I recommended maybe polling some folks here on TLS who might have been in a similar situation (and not just my biased view).
For the sanity of those still hoping to receive an offer, did your friend accept her offer? Thanks!
No. I just asked them today and they said they did not (but didn't get into all the details why). So if the info in this thread is correct, there is still one remaining spot for FDIC Honors. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”