Midwest Firms Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
spectrumsong

New

Midwest Firms

Post by spectrumsong » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:09 am

Can someone please give me info about the following firms? I don't know which one to choose...
I am interested in a firm with good work/life balance, a team-oriented approach, and generally good people. All of that is more important to me than salary.

squire patton boggs
BakerHostetler
Porter Wright
Vorys Sater Seymour & Pease

Thank you and I appreciate the help!
Last edited by spectrumsong on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Midwest Firms

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:29 am

So, I assume you are looking in Ohio?

Honestly, these firms are all "okay." I wouldn't consider one better than the other.

Out of this list, probably Vorys, though their associates aren't always the happiest people.

Squire obviously just merged, and who knows what is to come of that. They have been going through tough financial times.

Same with Baker, they have been enduring some tough financial times.

Porter Wright, again, has endured tough financial times. It is very old fashioned and is not necessarily notable in any practice area.

This will also depend on where you want to live. Good luck with your choice.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”