Debevoise v. Paul, Weiss v. Cleary Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Debevoise or Paul, Weiss

Debevoise
26%
Paul, Weiss
60%
Cleary
13%

Total votes: 53

Anonymous User

Debevoise v. Paul, Weiss v. Cleary

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:36 am

All NY offices for Litigation. Also looking at firm prestige, culture & personality of the firm and attorneys, and exit options.

I would love to hear any and all thoughts.

Sirius Blackstone

New

Re: Debevoise v. Paul, Weiss v. Cleary

Post by Sirius Blackstone » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:17 am

Paul Weiss has the broadest strength in lit, so if you're not sure which areas of lit you're interested in just go there. For general commercial or securities lit, Paul Weiss. For white-collar/internal investigations or international dispute resolution, Debevoise. Of course, if you liked the people and culture much better at one of these firms just go there. Keep in mind that all of these differences in practice group strength between top NY firms are pretty minute, and the people/culture will have the most effect on you.

Cleary is much more of a corporate shop, so I'd rank that below the other two for you.

There won't be a difference in quality of exit options between these three firms. Debevoise and Paul Weiss especially send a lot of people into the SEC/USAO.

fc1231

New

Post by fc1231 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:05 pm

Thanks for all the votes! I'd love to hear some thoughts as well!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:34 am

Paul Weiss, definitely. Debevoise and Cleary are both corporate firms first. Paul Weiss is a litigation firm first. That's really all there is to it. As mentioned above, there are some very specific areas where Debevoise may be better (though I think this is also true for Cleary--Debevoise is not more of a litigation firm than Cleary is), but Paul Weiss is a stronger litigation firm across the board.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”