0 CBs Club Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 0 CBs Club

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
flawschoolkid wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Multiple friends on FB obnoxiously posting stuff like, "any of my friends going to be in Manhattan next week, I'll be on a tight schedule but would like to meet up."

:roll:

Law students like this have no tact, no respect for their less fortunate peers, and are ungrateful and clueless shits. I can't stand to be in the building right now.
Yep. Really starting to dislike law students and law school more and more.
One of the many reasons my goal is to attend a solid 10% of class this semester.
Just wanted to say that I went through the same thing last year and just got a biglaw offer as a 3L--the only way you are gonna make it out of this, in my opinion, is to go to every class and get the best grades you can get. Don't slack, for your own sake.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:38 pm

Any updates?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:33 am

Law students like this have no tact, no respect for their less fortunate peers, and are ungrateful and clueless shits. I can't stand to be in the building right now.[/quote]

Yep. Really starting to dislike law students and law school more and more.[/quote]

One of the many reasons my goal is to attend a solid 10% of class this semester.[/quote]

Just wanted to say that I went through the same thing last year and just got a biglaw offer as a 3L--the only way you are gonna make it out of this, in my opinion, is to go to every class and get the best grades you can get. Don't slack, for your own sake.[/quote]

I'm another one of those people. I struck out as 2L because my grades probably put me near the bottom 20%. OCI again as 3L and got at least one big law offer so far.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:06 am

A law school friend on FB just now: "Any of my friends live in the Palo Alto/Silicon Valley area?"

He does not go to school in CA, nor is he from anywhere in CA. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:A law school friend on FB just now: "Any of my friends live in the Palo Alto/Silicon Valley area?"

He does not go to school in CA, nor is he from anywhere in CA. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I do not get it...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:49 am

flawschoolkid wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Multiple friends on FB obnoxiously posting stuff like, "any of my friends going to be in Manhattan next week, I'll be on a tight schedule but would like to meet up."

:roll:

Law students like this have no tact, no respect for their less fortunate peers, and are ungrateful and clueless shits. I can't stand to be in the building right now.

nothing obnoxious about this, its a perfectly normal use of Facebook. life doesn't stop for the rest of the world because of your personal failures. you are just bing butthurt because of your own lack of success in oci. get over it, try harder, improve upon your shortcomings, and stop worrying about other people.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:A law school friend on FB just now: "Any of my friends live in the Palo Alto/Silicon Valley area?"

seriously? im not the above poster but i would do the exact same thing if i am visiting a city (for callbacks or w/e) and am unsure who lives there. that's literally what facebook is for. might be a good idea to stay away from over-analyzing status updates and focusing on scoring that offer.

jrf12886

Bronze

Post by jrf12886 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:

seriously? im not the above poster but i would do the exact same thing if i am visiting a city (for callbacks or w/e) and am unsure who lives there. that's literally what facebook is for. might be a good idea to stay away from over-analyzing status updates and focusing on scoring that offer.
Yea, I don't see how this could possibly be considered inappopriate. You're taking out frustrations on your friends.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:

If you're going to another city for a very brief period of time, wouldn't you already know whether someone you would meet up with lives there? Like, if I'm in a city for a day, and have time for a quick lunch, it's probably going to be with someone I'm close enough to that I'd actually know they live in the city. Working on scoring an offer and being annoyed at public humblebragging aren't mutually exclusive. Maybe I'm overanalyzing, but law students in school also love to brag about their callbacks rather indiscreetly. /rant

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

If you're going to another city for a very brief period of time, wouldn't you already know whether someone you would meet up with lives there? Like, if I'm in a city for a day, and have time for a quick lunch, it's probably going to be with someone I'm close enough to that I'd actually know they live in the city. Working on scoring an offer and being annoyed at public humblebragging aren't mutually exclusive. Maybe I'm overanalyzing, but law students in school also love to brag about their callbacks rather indiscreetly. /rant
Part of facebooks culture is bragging about your life, regardless of how insignificant you actually are. Seems like more of a Facebook thing then a law student thing

Also it sounds like you aren't cool enough to have 2000 facebook friends. My apologies.

NoLongerALurker

Bronze

Post by NoLongerALurker » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:15 am

Students complaining about other students "bragging" on Facebook is such a pain. If your friend from high school posts about her new job at the Cheesecake factory, you're probably like "oh that's nice, she got a new job." If your friend from law school posts about his new job at Wachtell, you're like "Oh you braggart you're the worst." They're both doing what FB is for: telling everyone in your life an important thing in one big blast. If seeing that blast rattles you, I don't know why you Facebook. It's like going to a baseball game and getting all mad when people drunkenly yell at pitchers in the opposing bullpen -- it's not only expected, but it's sort of encouraged / the whole point.

I should add, literally whenever I'm in a new city for an extended period of time (like two or more days) i send out a blast asking if anyone I know is in town. It's responsible for about 100% of my impromptu random-city hangouts. Great way to randomly reconnect with people you've lost touch with, too. I would avoid such posts with CBs because I know law students would probably all talk shit behind my back for doing it, but I still maintain the problem is with them and not with the status.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:28 am

In the past month alone, three of my friends from law school have posted wedding photos on FB. Don't they realize that some of us are single and can't get a date? Fucking assholes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:24 am

rpupkin wrote:In the past month alone, three of my friends from law school have posted wedding photos on FB. Don't they realize that some of us are single and can't get a date? Fucking assholes.
Best post of oci season

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

notgreat

Silver

Post by notgreat » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:20 am

NoLongerALurker wrote:Students complaining about other students "bragging" on Facebook is such a pain. If your friend from high school posts about her new job at the Cheesecake factory, you're probably like "oh that's nice, she got a new job." If your friend from law school posts about his new job at Wachtell, you're like "Oh you braggart you're the worst." They're both doing what FB is for: telling everyone in your life an important thing in one big blast. If seeing that blast rattles you, I don't know why you Facebook. It's like going to a baseball game and getting all mad when people drunkenly yell at pitchers in the opposing bullpen -- it's not only expected, but it's sort of encouraged / the whole point.

I should add, literally whenever I'm in a new city for an extended period of time (like two or more days) i send out a blast asking if anyone I know is in town. It's responsible for about 100% of my impromptu random-city hangouts. Great way to randomly reconnect with people you've lost touch with, too. I would avoid such posts with CBs because I know law students would probably all talk shit behind my back for doing it, but I still maintain the problem is with them and not with the status.
Hey shitstain: please go back to lurking or /self. This may help:
aschup wrote:Nobody begrudges generally chill/self-aware people for their successes in life. But law school is full of goobers with zero sense of self-awareness or propriety, and acting like people who bristle at those goobers are just begrudging anyone who comes out of the process with any ounce of luck or success is retarded.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I don't disagree that law students love to humblebrag, but this is overanalyzing. Although being annoyed at it and working on an offer aren't mutually exclusive, someone with an offer is likely to skip right over a harmless post like that. How do you know how long they will be in the city for? Isn't it possible for no close friends to live in the city but they want to meet someone they haven't seen in a while? It's such a common usage of Facebook. I don't support "celebrating my job at V5 tonight!" as a status update. This is different.

First Offense

Platinum

Post by First Offense » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:02 am

rpupkin wrote:In the past month alone, three of my friends from law school have posted wedding photos on FB. Don't they realize that some of us are single and can't get a date? Fucking assholes.
Nailed it. Law students are the worst - not because they tell their 500+ friends on facebook that they'll be in New York for the week, but because when someone posts it, it kicks up a hornet's nest. I completely disagree with aschup's assessment, at least as far as TLS goes (not so with the numerous non-fucktards that are smarter than me and don't waste their time on here).

notgreat

Silver

Post by notgreat » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:16 am

First Offense wrote:
Nailed it. Law students are the worst - not because they tell their 500+ friends on facebook that they'll be in New York for the week, but because when someone posts it, it kicks up a hornet's nest. I completely disagree with aschup's assessment, at least as far as TLS goes (not so with the numerous non-fucktards that are smarter than me and don't waste their time on here).
You recognize the irony of this, right?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

First Offense

Platinum

Post by First Offense » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:17 am

notgreat wrote:
First Offense wrote:
QED

notgreat

Silver

Post by notgreat » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:20 am

First Offense wrote:
notgreat wrote:
First Offense wrote:
QED
Thank you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:20 am

less time on Facebook and more time hustling for a job.

Honestly I was in this club a week ago but kept following up on mass mailing and now have 3 V50 CBs. Don't give up! Hell I was cold calling hiring partners asking if I could take them to coffee to hear about their experiences. Only one said yes -- but it got me a CB and *hopefully* something more. Just keep hustling. You don't want to have any regrets.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Let's get this club back on topic. OP here.

Still 0 CBs. But snagged my first screener from a massmail. I'll take that crumb

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Let's get this club back on topic. OP here.

Still 0 CBs. But snagged my first screener from a massmail. I'll take that crumb
Congrats! I've still had 0 luck after mass mailing a couple hundred firms. What're your stats if you don't mind?

Also, anyone else in the same boat as me?: radio silence from multiple firms 4+weeks after OCI screeners

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Congrats! I've still had 0 luck after mass mailing a couple hundred firms. What're your stats if you don't mind?

Also, anyone else in the same boat as me?: radio silence from multiple firms 4+weeks after OCI screeners
::raises hand::

Also mass mailed. Also sent "continued interest" emails to those who haven't dinged me or called me back. Only one firm acknowledged, said they were still making decisions, they'd be in touch shortly... CRICKETS.

I need a screaming emoticon.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

::raises hand::

Also mass mailed. Also sent "continued interest" emails to those who haven't dinged me or called me back. Only one firm acknowledged, said they were still making decisions, they'd be in touch shortly... CRICKETS.

I need a screaming emoticon.
I guess it's better than us getting outright rejected. But yeah, it's really stressful not being able to at least get the callback opportunity. The way I've been thinking of it is that they get enough apps and interview enough people that if they had 0 interest we'd already have gotten dinged.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:06 pm

FB post from someone at my school: "OMFG I'm not going to have to turn tricks on the street next summer!!!"

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”