Thank You after Upcoming Reception? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Thank You after Upcoming Reception?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:35 am

Hi Guys,

I have a reception for callback invitees next week at a firm that I really like. My CB will be two days after the reception, so I definitely plan on attending. Should I send thank you notes after the reception to people that I have good conversations with, or would that come off as too much? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Thank You after Upcoming Reception?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:43 am

No - that's too much. There will probably be a recruiting person 'hosting' the reception. Find him/her at the end of it and say something like: "Thank you for having me this evening, I'm looking forward to [day of the callback]."

Just be polite and gracious. No need to over-do it.

Micdiddy

Gold

Re: Thank You after Upcoming Reception?

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:21 am

I think it depends. If you have normal conversations and it's a normal evening and blah blah blah then don't send thank yous. If you make a stronger connection with a specific attorney and legitimately want to thank them or let them know then do it. That rarely happens, but it happens. Moral is, you are not expected to send thank yous.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”