SEC Chair's Attorney Honors Program Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEC Chair's Attorney Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:28 pm

bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Division other than enforcement gave at least one offer today. Salary info won't be available for a while.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Division other than enforcement gave at least one offer today. Salary info won't be available for a while.
is IM one of the potential divisions that gave out the offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Division other than enforcement gave at least one offer today. Salary info won't be available for a while.
No.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
No.
Was it OCIE?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:06 pm

For those with informal offers, how long did it take you to get your background check forms? Also, do you get the formal (written) offer from HR before or after you pass the background check?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those with informal offers, how long did it take you to get your background check forms? Also, do you get the formal (written) offer from HR before or after you pass the background check?
it has been a while since I recieved the tenative offer. But I still havent recieved the background check forms, so im guessing all that starts after you get your formal offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For those with informal offers, how long did it take you to get your background check forms? Also, do you get the formal (written) offer from HR before or after you pass the background check?
it has been a while since I recieved the tenative offer. But I still havent recieved the background check forms, so im guessing all that starts after you get your formal offer.
Have you heard anything from HR, or just from the people in the division you interviewed with?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:21 am

Did anyone negotiate the salary offered?

I am still waiting to hear about my salary but I am curious if they allow negotiation

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone negotiate the salary offered?

I am still waiting to hear about my salary but I am curious if they allow negotiation
I would also love to know the answer for this, and whether it is higher for clerks? Also, does anyone know when we will find out the salary? I couldn't get a clear response from my division. Looking at the Asbury Park Press federal salary database from 2013, it looks like the lowest salaries for attorneys/law clerks (attorneys who haven't yet passed the bar) at SK-11 were 95k in DC, so I'm assuming that's the DC starting salary.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:

I would also love to know the answer for this, and whether it is higher for clerks? Also, does anyone know when we will find out the salary? I couldn't get a clear response from my division. Looking at the Asbury Park Press federal salary database from 2013, it looks like the lowest salaries for attorneys/law clerks (attorneys who haven't yet passed the bar) at SK-11 were 95k in DC, so I'm assuming that's the DC starting salary.
My friend was told that you can move up to SK-12 only if you are admitted to a bar + clerking for year. So, if you are not admitted to a bar, the SEC wont recognize your time clerking under their payscale. The sooner you are admitted to a bar the better obviously.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:46 am

Any salary offers out there? If so, was it above/below what you expected?

Did judicial clerks receive above the 95kish entry level number?

Not looking for specifics, general sentiments would be greatly appreciated. I am still waiting to receive a salary offer.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Further bump with a question. First, is everyone still stuck at "received?" Second, has anyone heard of the Atlanta Regional Office or Miami Office extending offers? I was an extern at one of those offices when I was in school, and my former supervisor said they hadn't started interviewing when I asked him a month or two ago.

I'm really sweating this app because it's basically my dream job. Really hoping that the South (as usual) is moving a little slower than everyone else.
I heard there was only one regional office with spots for the program, and it is unfortunately neither Atlanta nor Miami.
Bummer thanks for the info. It's annoying that they listed they were accepting apps for all SEC locations then. It's tough getting a government gig if you don't want to be in DC.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:49 am

updates?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:53 am

Received a tentative offer in mid-December. Coming off of a two-year fellowship. I have been waiting for formal written offer since and was told there is a delay in the salary setting board because of someone in that office/board leaving - last update was last week when they said there was still a backlog.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:

This is an entry level program so the starting pay band is still sk-11 no matter your work experience/bar passage etc. So it is just a matter of where you fall on the SK-11 pay band. I did hear of a very minor bump above 95k for clerks but the difference is almost negligable (atleast frm what I heard). Not sure what the starting salary is for non clerks even though it appears on here that its 95k.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Heard that salary offers should be coming in the next few weeks, after which you start the background check process.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:37 pm

just curious, would any of you make the decision to accept/reject an offer for this program based on the salary (whatever it maybe)? lol

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:just curious, would any of you make the decision to accept/reject an offer for this program based on the salary (whatever it maybe)? lol
I would at least to some extent because I already have another gov't job that I like. If they don't at least match the salary it'll be a tough call. I'll still probably take the SEC though LOL (it's been my dream job for years).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:59 pm

I can confirm that salary for DC is just shy of 100k.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I can confirm that salary for DC is just shy of 100k.
Phew. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:41 pm

Is this just for the new graduates or does it includes the judicial law clerks/PMFs with a year of exprience? It would seem odd that the agency would pay new graduates and those with a year of exprience the same salary.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Is this just for the new graduates or does it includes the judicial law clerks/PMFs with a year of exprience? It would seem odd that the agency would pay new graduates and those with a year of exprience the same salary.
I think the salaries are determined individually (with around 95k or so as the lowest for new grads in DC with no experience) so it may be higher within the SK-11 band if you have a clerkship and/or relevant work experience.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:50 pm

I am not aware of the differences. All I know is that they are entry level positions and there is a range. The max range is around 115k I believe and the lowest is around 70k. I can confirm I was offered a salary in the upper middle of the range. I am not a clerk but I have significant outside experience that was taken into account.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”