Mayer Brown LLP - Initial screening via phone? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mayer Brown LLP - Initial screening via phone?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:38 pm

anybody else get a phone interview request from mayer brown or any other firm in the past? I applied via resume collect from campus. Also, are phone interviews going to be any different than face to face? Also, does this mean they are less interested in me if they elect to do a phone interview?

oblig.lawl.ref

Bronze

Re: Mayer Brown LLP - Initial screening via phone?

Post by oblig.lawl.ref » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anybody else get a phone interview request from mayer brown or any other firm in the past? I applied via resume collect from campus. Also, are phone interviews going to be any different than face to face? Also, does this mean they are less interested in me if they elect to do a phone interview?
I wouldn't worry about it. It makes sense--it's just a screener, no point in going full round yet or flying you out until they at least talk to you. I did a couple of these last year and I got an offer for my summer firm from a screener phone call.

Also treat it like a normal OCI screener--the format/questions are pretty much the same in my experience, just over the phone.

hoos89

Gold

Re: Mayer Brown LLP - Initial screening via phone?

Post by hoos89 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:13 pm

Not at all uncommon, especially for direct sends. If they pulled your resume from the stack, they're interested in you. It's not like OCI where it's either lottery and they had no say in interviewing you or it's all preselect and they had to fill X number of spots. They didn't have to interview anyone, but they chose to interview you specifically.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”