Do Firms Giving Callbacks Talk to the Travel Agents? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Do Firms Giving Callbacks Talk to the Travel Agents?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:57 am

Like, if I'm flying in from a city where I was doing a previous CB which is not my own city, is the CB firm gonna see this? Assuming its one of the firms that asks you to book your flight through their travel agency

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Re: Do Firms Giving Callbacks Talk to the Travel Agents?

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:18 am

They might but it's not likely they'll notice or care.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 am

Highly doubtful, but it wouldn't matter at all if they do. Firms DO NOT hold it against you for interviewing at many different places. And splitting costs of CB travel is industry-standard. For instance, if you live in NYC but have 3 CBs in DC, you should take 1 trip and schedule them 3 days in a row. One firm will pay for everything, including the hotel, flight, and food. And then they will split up the bill and send it to the other firms, who will pay their share (1/3).

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 am

Recruiting will get a copy of the booking email the travel agency sends you when you book the travel. I know this because a recruiting coordinator at a firm forwarded me the email once, when she thought the travel agent got my email address wrong.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:Like, if I'm flying in from a city where I was doing a previous CB which is not my own city, is the CB firm gonna see this? Assuming its one of the firms that asks you to book your flight through their travel agency
Tell them you were interviewing with x firm; if you're really concerned tell them you were visiting a friend if you have a friend who lives there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”