Dallas No Offer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Dallas No Offer?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Above the law reported that a Dallas firm may have given out a bunch of no offers. Anyone have solid information on who it is?

Anon because I am in the Dallas market.

El_Bee_Oh

New

Re: Dallas No Offer?

Post by El_Bee_Oh » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:32 pm

I have no idea, but maybe Weil? They've lost a ton of people recently...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:57 pm

I've heard that Fulbright no-offered about 1/3 of its class, and they've had pathetic/middling offer rates in previous years (%'s in the 60-80% range in years past, so obviously this is their model and not just "justifiable" no-offers).

Weil is actually trying to increase its hiring (doing 3L OCI at some schools), apparently in an effort to replace some of the associates that went to Sidley.

Anon because I know people working at these firms.

mephistopheles

Gold

Post by mephistopheles » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:I've heard that Fulbright no-offered about 1/3 of its class, and they've had pathetic/middling offer rates in previous years (%'s in the 60-80% range in years past, so obviously this is their model and not just "justifiable" no-offers).

Weil is actually trying to increase its hiring (doing 3L OCI at some schools), apparently in an effort to replace some of the associates that went to Sidley.

absurd usage of anon, you gave no information that can't be found online or inferred. "i know people working at these firms" aka most people on this board

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:30 am

mephistopheles wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've heard that Fulbright no-offered about 1/3 of its class, and they've had pathetic/middling offer rates in previous years (%'s in the 60-80% range in years past, so obviously this is their model and not just "justifiable" no-offers).

absurd usage of anon, you gave no information that can't be found online or inferred. "i know people working at these firms" aka most people on this board
Maybe "I heard" = "I work there," dumbass

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mephistopheles

Gold

Post by mephistopheles » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:19 am

El Pollito wrote:
mephistopheles wrote:

Maybe "I heard" = "I work there," dumbass
this still isn't new news, aka nothing to identify the person with

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:58 am

If you're posting something that might identify where you work anon is perfectly fine. Also discussion whether anon is appropriate also derails a thread. If you have a problem with a particular anon post, report it and move on.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”