Question for 1LSAs Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Question for 1LSAs

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:07 pm

I just finished mine and got an offer to be a summer in 2015. Is this the norm? My expectation was that the offer would be full-time and they'd tell me I'd have I preserve. Conceivably only having to preserve could still be the situation I'm in, but the recruiter hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Anonymous User

Re: Question for 1LSAs

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just finished mine and got an offer to be a summer in 2015. Is this the norm? My expectation was that the offer would be full-time and they'd tell me I'd have I preserve. Conceivably only having to preserve could still be the situation I'm in, but the recruiter hasn't gotten back to me yet.
Mine gave me quite a big extension to work longer this summer, but I had my end-of-summer the other day. They told me they had checked firm policy to see if they could give me a full-time offer now, but were told they'd have to wait until the end of next summer, so I think that's probably the norm. I have never heard of a 1L SA resulting in a full time offer at the end of that summer, actually.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:51 pm

I have never heard of someone getting fulltime off a 1L SA. I just finished mine and got invited to come back/split and they were saying stuff along the lines of "keep doing what you are doing and you will get an offer next summer."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:18 pm

I was a 1L summer associate last summer. You get offer to return for 2L summer and not a full time offer.

If you like the firm, split during your 2L summer. I would wait until you go through OCI before making a decision to accept. Per NALP rules, you have until November 1st to decide, since you summered there during 1L summer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:20 pm

It definitely happens, but might not be the norm. Some firms give an offer for full time employment after 1L year. To hold the offer open, you just have to return 2L summer for x number of weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”