Temporary employment before real job starts? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Puttanesca

Bronze

Temporary employment before real job starts?

Post by Puttanesca » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:10 pm

My job will not be starting until 2015. I am thinking about looking for temp work (either legal or non-legal). I would rather take a 5 month vacation and travel since I won't have this much free time until I retire, but I should probably try to earn some income.

I imagine that legal related temp work is going to be doc review, and I've heard horror stories (though I personally do not know anyone who has done a doc review temp gig so I don't have first hand info). Maybe I would be better off doing a non-legal temp job, but I don't know.

Anyone else have a big gap between graduation/bar exam and your job start date? What are you all doing in the meantime?

OneMoreLawHopeful

Silver

Re: Temporary employment before real job starts?

Post by OneMoreLawHopeful » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:17 pm

I don't know what kind of job you're starting, but you may want to rethink anything legal if you're going to be at a firm - doc review can be a real easy way to generate a lot of conflicts really quickly, putting a damper on what you can do once you start at the firm.

Just something to consider.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”