Short Employment b/w Clerkships Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Short Employment b/w Clerkships

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:40 am

I posted this in the clerkships forum as well, but it's really an employment question. I am currently trying to book consecutive District and Circuit clerkships and wonder if I should apply for District clerkships that run from January to January. I know most Circuit clerkships typically begin in August or September, so I am wary of creating an eight-month gap in employment between clerkships. I would be leaving my current job for the District clerkship so I'm not in the law student's situation of going to a biglaw firm right after clerking.

Does anyone have experience dealing with this? Are there any worthwhile eight month gigs out there? Or, does one try to get hired at a firm with the understanding of returning there after the Circuit clerkship? Also, are there Circuit judges that I don't know of who hire early in the year?

Anonymous User

Re: Short Employment b/w Clerkships

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:33 pm

Bump by OP... no advice or ideas from anyone?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”