Mass Mail Interview Length Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mass Mail Interview Length

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:26 pm

I got an interview in LA off of a mass mail. The interview is 4 hours long. I'll be interviewing with 4 attorneys for a half hour each and then going out to lunch with two more attorneys. This will be my first interview with them. It seems more like a CB interview than a screener.

Anyone have any experience with this? I searched the forum and there did not seem to be anything directly on point.

Jchance

Silver

Re: Mass Mail Interview Length

Post by Jchance » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Sounds like a CB

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got an interview in LA off of a mass mail. The interview is 4 hours long. I'll be interviewing with 4 attorneys for a half hour each and then going out to lunch with two more attorneys. This will be my first interview with them. It seems more like a CB interview than a screener.

Anyone have any experience with this? I searched the forum and there did not seem to be anything directly on point.
Obvi a callback

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:32 pm

OP here, except this is my first interview with them. So I skipped straight to the CB step?

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Correct. Brush up on the firm. Have some good questions for yor interviewers. Relax. Eat some good food with the associates. Bring it home.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:00 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:Correct. Brush up on the firm. Have some good questions for yor interviewers. Relax. Eat some good food with the associates. Bring it home.
Well that's good news. Thanks!

Pikappraider

Gold

Post by Pikappraider » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:19 pm

this is obviously a callback. lol at a four hour screener. Good luck!

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:16 pm

I've had this happen before three times with interviews outside the OCI/symplicity context (two mass mail plus one that didn't want to list on symplicity but asked CSO for a specific short list). It is a CB in that you shouldn't expect a subsequent interview, but I don't think anyone could have the kind of information to say that it's as likely to get you an offer as a traditional screener/CB combination.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:32 pm

BVest wrote:I've had this happen before three times with interviews outside the OCI/symplicity context (two mass mail plus one that didn't want to list on symplicity but asked CSO for a specific short list). It is a CB in that you shouldn't expect a subsequent interview, but I don't think anyone could have the kind of information to say that it's as likely to get you an offer as a traditional screener/CB combination.
That is kind of what I expected. A one off of sorts.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:
BVest wrote:I've had this happen before three times with interviews outside the OCI/symplicity context (two mass mail plus one that didn't want to list on symplicity but asked CSO for a specific short list). It is a CB in that you shouldn't expect a subsequent interview, but I don't think anyone could have the kind of information to say that it's as likely to get you an offer as a traditional screener/CB combination.
That is kind of what I expected. A one off of sorts.
Has happened to me too. Got an offer, summering there now. Good luck OP!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:43 am

I have an interview that I got from mass mailing in a couple days that is 1 hour long (1 associate, 1 partner, each for half an hour).

Do we think this is a one off or more on the screener level?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”