NoVa - ties? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NoVa - ties?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:00 pm

I have no direct ties to NoVa or to DC. I'm from a southern state, though, and I'm genuinely interested in the area. The idea of a nice community not far from a major metro. Is this enough to make mass mailing worthwhile?

Median at CCN if it matters.

AreJay711

Gold

Re: NoVa - ties?

Post by AreJay711 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:04 am

I'm not sure ties are necessary for NoVa: It's just a relatively small market that can pull associates from big DC firms. There's a lot of legal work but clients can just retain DC counsel barred in VA. So go for it.

Note: I don't think being from the south is really that helpful. Arlington (obviously) and Fairfax counties would be part of DC if it was an organic city and aren' t that much different.

ResIpsa21

Bronze

Re: NoVa - ties?

Post by ResIpsa21 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:44 pm

Mass mailing is always worthwhile, and CCN should have decent traction in the DC metro area. But are you looking to do patent work? With the exception of a few biglaw firms with offices in Tyson's Corner, most firms in NoVa focus on IP (for obvious reasons).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”