Applying for 2L SA positions through diversity committee Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Applying for 2L SA positions through diversity committee

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi all, a rising 2L at CCN seeking 2L SA opportunities here.

Some firms have sent out e-mails asking students with diverse backgrounds to send their application materials directly to their diversity committee. Many of these firms are coming to my school's OCI as well. Should I still bid on the firm, even if I choose to apply early through this alternate route? Or would that be a waste of bid-slots, assuming if the diversity committee chooses to ignore you, you probably won't have a shot during screeners/callbacks either?

Anonymous User

Re: Applying for 2L SA positions through diversity committee

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:52 pm

I go to H and we haven't gotten any of those emails, but if you don't mind me asking, which firms request that we do that?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:22 pm

another CCN 2L

at OP: I'd do both. The worst thing that can happen is that they say "no" twice, which doesn't make much of a difference. One "no" = Two "no's" = Still no

at H guy: I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's not going to share that info with someone who may take the job from him... nothing personal, but it really is every school for itself

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Dude at H. I'm at Cornell. Our BLSA president always sends us applications for resumes through the diversity committee. Same with LALSA. Some of the firms that I always see are Paul Weis, K&E, and Weil. They really are a great thing. I got 15k scholly from my firm, and I know some firms do 25k.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”