Vandy OCI c/o 2016 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Vandy OCI c/o 2016

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Anyone interested in discussing?

Any upperclassmen who can shed some light on how the grade cutoffs typically work in reality? For instance, Hogan DC lists "3.3 preferred" but I seriously doubt they hire anywhere near that low. Same with King & Spalding.

Anonymous User

Re: Vandy OCI c/o 2016

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:57 pm

Are you holding out until you hear back about journals?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are you holding out until you hear back about journals?
Yeah I'm ordering my bidlist but not submitting bids or doing any resume collects until journals come out. Last year journal lists posted on 7/10, so with the competition being shorter this year I would think phone calls would start going out any day now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Yeah I'm ordering my bidlist but not submitting bids or doing any resume collects until journals come out. Last year journal lists posted on 7/10, so with the competition being shorter this year I would think phone calls emails apparently would start going out any day now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yeah I'm ordering my bidlist but not submitting bids or doing any resume collects until journals come out. Last year journal lists posted on 7/10, so with the competition being shorter this year I would think phone calls emails apparently would start going out any day now.
Oh

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Anyone know where most of the bids go? Are they to the southern firms or are the NYC and DC firms the ones that get the most bids?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Speaking of this, does anyone know whether journal calls/emails have started going out yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Speaking of this, does anyone know whether journal calls/emails have started going out yet?
I don't think they "come out" like callbacks. I think they email everyone at once with the lists of who made which journals.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote: I don't think they "come out" like callbacks. I think they email everyone at once with the lists of who made which journals.
I guess that makes sense. I was thinking that you still had to accept membership if you got offered onto a journal, but now that I think about it the ranking form we did when we submitted our stuff said that we would accept an offer from any journal we ranked.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I don't think they "come out" like callbacks. I think they email everyone at once with the lists of who made which journals.
I guess that makes sense. I was thinking that you still had to accept membership if you got offered onto a journal, but now that I think about it the ranking form we did when we submitted our stuff said that we would accept an offer from any journal we ranked.
Honestly, they just need to release them already. Schools who had their write-on later than ours already have their results back

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Honestly, they just need to release them already. Schools who had their write-on later than ours already have their results back
Yeah I have cover letters and resumes filled out and ready to send. I just need to insert a journal...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:48 pm

I haven't decided if I'm going to include the journal in my cover letters but now that I think about it, it is probably a good idea

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Usually, the notification happens today-ish, but the exact day usually depends on the Registrar's office. VLR calls its new members but JETLaw and TransNat typically (though not always) email a group notification. Every year, the incoming 2Ls argue over which method is used because some have heard about one and some another.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Usually, the notification happens today-ish, but the exact day usually depends on the Registrar's office. VLR calls its new members but JETLaw and TransNat typically (though not always) email a group notification. Every year, the incoming 2Ls argue over which method is used because some have heard about one and some another.
Well shit

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Another day without journals

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Another day without journals
With a shorter competition you'd think they would be done earlier than last year. Nope.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
With a shorter competition you'd think they would be done earlier than last year. Nope.
Counter: Results released and we didn't get on one.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
As shitty as my write-on submission was, it can't be ruled out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
As shitty as my write-on submission was, it can't be ruled out.
We should just start our own journal. Vanderbilt Annual Law Review (of the) Vanderbilt Law Review

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
We should just start our own journal. Vanderbilt Annual Law Review (of the) Vanderbilt Law Review
Vanderbilt Law Journal sounds more official. If we want to trick people into thinking we made law review, that's the way to do it. I mean, Yale has a Law Journal, so it must be preftigious, amirite?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Vanderbilt Law Journal sounds more official. If we want to trick people into thinking we made law review, that's the way to do it. I mean, Yale has a Law Journal, so it must be preftigious, amirite?
100% Agree. You just earned yourself the Editor in Chief position on the VLJ

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
100% Agree. You just earned yourself the Editor in Chief position on the VLJ
*ahem* Founding EIC of the VLJ. because posterity.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:27 am

I think most journal results are in

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:I think most journal results are in
I hope you're kidding because I haven't gotten anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I think most journal results are in
I hope you're kidding because I haven't gotten anything.
I know law review calls are going out as of this morning and I know of a few people who got the Transnat email

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”