What to do as a rising 3L Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What to do as a rising 3L

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:48 pm

I'm a rising 3L at a school ranked in the 50s/60s in the Northeast. This summer I'm splitting my time between a small firm and in the legal department of a Fortune 500 company (both litigation oriented positions). I worked part-time at the small firm throughout my 2L year. I was ranked in the top 25% after my 1L year and had a few interviews with big firms but didn't land a SA position.

After my 2L year I am now in the top 15% (close to top 10%). I'm also receiving a great experience at my internship (both my positions have given me a ton of responsibility). I'd ideally like to work at a mid-size or big law firm doing litigation. What should my plan of attack be? I've been networking with everyone possible hoping to get my foot in the door, but I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. Any advice would be appreciated.

Return to “Legal Employment”