job prospects magna cum laude philly tier 2? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

job prospects magna cum laude philly tier 2?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:36 pm

just graduated from philly area tier 2 magna cum laude. got a state trial court clerkship lined up but nothing after. Proverbial TLS "kill-self" or do I stand a chance at future employment? I guess this can be labeled as a "self-loathing" or "how screwed am I" post.

rayiner

Platinum

Re: job prospects magna cum laude philly tier 2?

Post by rayiner » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:03 pm

So like Temple/Rutgers/Villanova? People with magna at these schools seem to do okay in terms of big law/fed clerkships. Gun for a federal-level clerkship in PA/NJ/DE. Also apply to every decent business litigation firm you can around winter of your clerkship year, and don't forget to target NJ and DE too. Also apply to state government.

What did you do during your summers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:46 pm

rayiner wrote:So like Temple/Rutgers/Villanova? People with magna at these schools seem to do okay in terms of big law/fed clerkships. Gun for a federal-level clerkship in PA/NJ/DE. Also apply to every decent business litigation firm you can around winter of your clerkship year, and don't forget to target NJ and DE too. Also apply to state government.

OP here, interned for a a federal job and then had an unpaid internship at a small firm. yes temple/rutgers/villanova. about 3 other magna grads from my school in the same position, one other is clerking and the other 2 are straight up unemployed. Thanks for the advice. Been trying for a fed clerkship but crickets for the past 6 months.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
rayiner wrote:So like Temple/Rutgers/Villanova? People with magna at these schools seem to do okay in terms of big law/fed clerkships. Gun for a federal-level clerkship in PA/NJ/DE. Also apply to every decent business litigation firm you can around winter of your clerkship year, and don't forget to target NJ and DE too. Also apply to state government.

OP here, interned for a a federal job and then had an unpaid internship at a small firm. yes temple/rutgers/villanova. about 3 other magna grads from my school in the same position, one other is clerking and the other 2 are straight up unemployed. Thanks for the advice. Been trying for a fed clerkship but crickets for the past 6 months.
Have you hit up your professors. Connections matter in this area.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”