Character and Fitness ramifications? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Character and Fitness ramifications?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:01 pm

My landlord and I feuded for 3 years. After I moved out, he maliciously stiffed me on the security deposit. The legal aid clinic is bringing suit on my behalf. As part of a settlement offer I'd like to include a requirement that the landlord provide a framed, glossy, colored head shot, inscribed "To X, my favorite Tenant." Of course this request isn't to humiliate him, it's merely to provide a record that I was a satisfactory tenant to assist me in securing future rentals. The legal aid clinic, however, insists that the head shot request could be construed as harassment and might have character and fitness ramifications if brought to the attention of my future practice state.

Thoughts?

John Everyman

Silver

Re: Character and Fitness ramifications?

Post by John Everyman » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Legal clinic is wrong. Demand a signed headshot and a small vial of tears of laughter for complete assurance that this incident is not misconstrued as having been awkward or unreasonable in the future.

FSK

Platinum

Post by FSK » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My landlord and I feuded for 3 years. After I moved out, he maliciously stiffed me on the security deposit. The legal aid clinic is bringing suit on my behalf. As part of a settlement offer I'd like to include a requirement that the landlord provide a framed, glossy, colored head shot, inscribed "To X, my favorite Tenant." Of course this request isn't to humiliate him, it's merely to provide a record that I was a satisfactory tenant to assist me in securing future rentals. The legal aid clinic, however, insists that the head shot request could be construed as harassment and might have character and fitness ramifications if brought to the attention of my future practice state.

Thoughts?

You cannot be serious.

MinEMorris

Bronze

Post by MinEMorris » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:26 pm

Please don't become a lawyer.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Yeah, no.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Legal Employment”