Straight P at Berkeley... OCI bidding strategy?? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Straight P at Berkeley... OCI bidding strategy??

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Hello TLS
well, pretty much what my subject says... grades came back, and it's what I feared the most... straight P. I believe straight P at B puts me at around bot 20~30%.
I understand that my chances of landing a biglaw job is very slim but I'd appreciate any helpful tips and suggestions on how I should bid OCI, mass mailing, etc.
I'm a white male, no LR, 2 yrs of unrelated WE, targeting NYC.
Really any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

SemperLegal

Silver

Re: Straight P at Berkeley... OCI bidding strategy??

Post by SemperLegal » Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hello TLS
well, pretty much what my subject says... grades came back, and it's what I feared the most... straight P. I believe straight P at B puts me at around bot 20~30%.
I understand that my chances of landing a biglaw job is very slim but I'd appreciate any helpful tips and suggestions on how I should bid OCI, mass mailing, etc.
I'm a white male, no LR, 2 yrs of unrelated WE, targeting NYC.
Really any help would be greatly appreciated guys.
Pm me, bro.

fish52

Bronze

Re: Straight P at Berkeley... OCI bidding strategy??

Post by fish52 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:25 pm

Targeting NYC is definitely a good strategy. They have the largest classes and are generally much less grade sensitive.

Make sure you check out the bid/callback/offer ratios that Terry sends out. Obviously, you want to be bidding on firms that give a large number of callbacks--at that point, your grades are less important. I would also encourage you to use Terry as a resource for what firms give you the best shot.

Most importantly, go to hospitality suites and sign up for extra interviews. Fill up empty slots. Give yourself as many opportunities as possible. I know several people from my year that straight P'd or came close and still ended up at firms--some of them were even hired by reasonably well-ranked Vault firms (they were pretty personable people). Keep your head up.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”