DC Lateral Hiring Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DC Lateral Hiring

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 19, 2014 12:01 pm

How long does it usually take from full-round interview to decision-time?
How long after is it acceptable to check in regarding status?
For those on the interviewing side, how many candidates are typically considered at once?

I plan to ask these questions to the recruiters on the interview day, but I'd like to hear some thoughts,

V100 firms, if that matters.

Cavalier

Gold

Re: DC Lateral Hiring

Post by Cavalier » Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm

It varies widely among firms and practice groups, and even within a practice group there are probably no clear rules. At my firm, we've dragged out the process by two to three months if we aren't particularly enthusiastic about anyone, but if someone comes along that the decision-makers (the key partners) really like, he or she will usually get an offer shortly after the interview. Generally it seems that we bring in two to four candidates for each position, and then additional candidates if we aren't crazy about any from the first batch (but in some cases, a candidate from the first batch will ultimately get the offer).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”