Interview 3 weeks ago. Time to get discouraged? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Interview 3 weeks ago. Time to get discouraged?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:20 pm

3L, interviewed with a big 4 for an experienced hire position in a major non-nyc market three weeks ago. I've had two rounds of interviews so far.... next and last stage is usually an interview with the head partner of the practice group. The position is in an extremely niche practice that I stumbled into during law school.

I know two people in the same practice group, and they told me that things are really busy in the group (both put in a good word for me). It took a week and a half after the first interview to hear back about the 2nd interview. I emailed the recruiting contact last week and he told me that they haven't heard anything, and that they would contact me when they know. If it matters, I thought the interview went well.

Panic time? Can I do anything? Is all hope lost? Three weeks seems insanely long, but on the other hand I wouldn't be able to start until after the bar and my mini post bar vaca, so they don't have any need to rush.

gdane

Diamond

Re: Interview 3 weeks ago. Time to get discouraged?

Post by gdane » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:30 am

Keep waiting; they're probably narrowing down candidates.

nealric

Post by nealric » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:40 pm

No news is usually bad news, but you never know. I once received an offer over 3 months after a callback interview. Sometimes they are just trying to figure out their needs.

Not a bad idea to follow up and let them know you are still interested.

CPAJDLLM

New

Post by CPAJDLLM » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:24 am

Big4 are usually VERY fast with their decision making. However, because you had 2 people vouch for you and they are super busy right now, I wouldn't say the wait is necessarily bad.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:18 am

Bump

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”