Keep failing every single interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dead head

Bronze

Re: Keep failing every single interview

Post by dead head » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:35 am

Anonymous User wrote: HK isn't bad per se. But the feeling that I got was that there was an expectation that you would spend the rest of your career in HK and it didn't seem that common for people to transfer or lateral out of HK. But I'm not sure if I ultimately want to settle in HK, especially as I don't have any family and few friends in HK.
I'm a little mystified at you getting multiple HK offers if you don't really have ties there. Presumably you do speak Mandarin, though? If you don't speak Mandarin and are still getting HK offers despite being pretty tepid about it, then you must be doing something well enough in your interviews.

My impression is that HK work tends to mainly be capital markets, and that while your options on return are somewhat limited they are by no means terrible, especially if you only spend a year or so there.

Anonymous User

Re: Keep failing every single interview

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:43 am

dead head wrote:I'm a little mystified at you getting multiple HK offers if you don't really have ties there. Presumably you do speak Mandarin, though? If you don't speak Mandarin and are still getting HK offers despite being pretty tepid about it, then you must be doing something well enough in your interviews.

My impression is that HK work tends to mainly be capital markets, and that while your options on return are somewhat limited they are by no means terrible, especially if you only spend a year or so there.
I do speak Mandarin and I have some UK ties/background, so I think that helped.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”