Requesting an interview myself Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Requesting an interview myself

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:17 pm

So here's the deal: I applied for a federal government job in DC months ago, and they told me that they would make a decision by the end of March. I still haven't heard back from them, and because I'm assuming they need to interview before making a decision, they either have already interviewed or are doing so this week. I live in a different state, but ironically I'll be in DC this weekend. Would it be improper for me to tell them that I'll be in town this weekend if they would like to speak with me personally?? I figure at this point it can't hurt since chances are I haven't been selected anyway. Thoughts?

downinDtown

Bronze

Re: Requesting an interview myself

Post by downinDtown » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:52 pm

FedGov is notoriously slow, and some agencies are worse than others. If you're going to be in town and you have contact info for someone you talked with, I definitely think it's worthwhile to see if they would like to meet. If they can meet, it's a sign to show your continued interest. If they can't or say no, you're in the same boat you're in of not knowing or maybe you find out sooner than later that it's not gonna happen.

encore1101

Silver

Re: Requesting an interview myself

Post by encore1101 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:21 pm

I agree it can't hurt, but I doubt they'd want to meet you on the weekend.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”