Cravath or Quinn NYC Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Cravath or Quinn NYC

Cravath
60%
Quinn NYC
40%

Total votes: 92

TTRansfer

Gold

Re: Cravath or Quinn NYC

Post by TTRansfer » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:27 pm

thesealocust wrote:Been working on a more pithy response:

Do you want to sue banks wearing sandals or defend them wearing suits?
Thoughts on what sandals to pair with a charcoal suit?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm

itbdvorm wrote:FWIW - I really can't believe any informed individual is going w/Quinn here. Neither place is going to be all wine and roses...but still
This. I could see choosing Quinn LA over Cravath but the New York office is. . . special. . .

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
itbdvorm wrote:FWIW - I really can't believe any informed individual is going w/Quinn here. Neither place is going to be all wine and roses...but still
This. I could see choosing Quinn LA over Cravath but the New York office is. . . special. . .
Care to elaborate?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Care to elaborate?
Sure. Sorry for being so vague. The Quinn NY office seemed, by far, the most intense place I looked at during OCI. Even the Quinn LA people made subtle comments about the intensity of their NY colleagues. This, paired with their legendary cheapness, made it seem like an incredibly difficult place to work. That might be tolerable if they paid Susman or Wacthtell money, but they don't. These observations accord with what I've heard about Quinn NY from practicing lawyers. Cravath is, by all accounts, a very demanding place to work, but at least they ramp up the perks and it seemed like their junior associates had a small sliver of life outside of Cravath.

Quinn also has, IMHO, a business model that is only questionably sustainable, which was my biggest knock against them at OCI (their LA office actually seemed like a relatively tolerable place to work otherwise).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Care to elaborate?
Sure. Sorry for being so vague. The Quinn NY office seemed, by far, the most intense place I looked at during OCI. Even the Quinn LA people made subtle comments about the intensity of their NY colleagues. This, paired with their legendary cheapness, made it seem like an incredibly difficult place to work. That might be tolerable if they paid Susman or Wacthtell money, but they don't. These observations accord with what I've heard about Quinn NY from practicing lawyers. Cravath is, by all accounts, a very demanding place to work, but at least they ramp up the perks and it seemed like their junior associates had a small sliver of life outside of Cravath.

Quinn also has, IMHO, a business model that is only questionably sustainable, which was my biggest knock against them at OCI (their LA office actually seemed like a relatively tolerable place to work otherwise).
What about quality of work?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”