legal publications Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

legal publications

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:24 am

Hi All,

I am currently a 2L and I am going to be a summer associate in a lit department of a big firm in NY this summer. I was wondering if there are any legal publications I should/ could be reading before the summer so I get some sense of what's going on in the legal world. I would prefer ones that are not behind a feewall (or free to summer). I have a feeling that ATL doesnt suffice.

Thanks!

hiima3L

Silver

Re: legal publications

Post by hiima3L » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:47 am

The publication "Litigation."

Litigation blogs.

And so on.

fxb

New

Post by fxb » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hi All,

I am currently a 2L and I am going to be a summer associate in a lit department of a big firm in NY this summer. I was wondering if there are any legal publications I should/ could be reading before the summer so I get some sense of what's going on in the legal world. I would prefer ones that are not behind a feewall (or free to summer). I have a feeling that ATL doesnt suffice.

Thanks!
Last edited by fxb on Thu May 08, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:24 pm

fxb wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hi All,

Thanks!
"Litigation" (the journal of the ABA's litigation section) is great but more about litigation practice in general, it's not litigation news. For news, look at National Law Journal's "Legal Times" (online, not paywalled I don't think), and the American Lawyer. Law360 is great for specialized practice areas but I think completely paywalled.

Above all, read the Wall Street Journal. Even in litigation, it's sort of the currency of daily conversation. You will be surprised at how often someone mentions an article from the front page of that morning's Journal -- often with an assumption that everyone has read it.

Thank you so much! I will definitely replace Reddit with those suggestions for the next couple of months!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”