I got REJECTED for a job. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Connor Benz

Bronze

I got REJECTED for a job.

Post by Connor Benz » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:20 pm

So I got the bad news. I've been talking to friends about, but I would like another opinion. The interviewer stated that if I were still interested in working for them during the fall or spring part-time, that I should contact her this summer. Do you think this is a general reply or not?

Truth be told, I think I got beat out by some NYU kids. The interviewer went there. :roll:

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: I got REJECTED for a job.

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:22 pm

You're gonna get rejected for a lot more before this law school adventure is over. Get used to it.

It might be a genuine offer or it might be their generic "oh yeah, apply with us again sometime!" that they include with a rejection. Either way, applying again doesn't hurt you, so you might as well.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Connor Benz wrote:Truth be told, I think I got beat out by some NYU kids. The interviewer went there. :roll:
Welcome to legal hiring.

And what rink said - if you want to work there, apply again. They may not have meant anything, but it doesn't hurt.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Don't trip brohan. I've literally been rejected from hundreds of jobs. Sometimes, it's my derp. Other times, it's the firm's derp. Most of the time, it's the economy's derp.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:29 pm

I got 3 rejection emails just last week for jobs, and the irony is I already know what Im doinf this summer. I suspect Ill receive many more irrelevant rejections before May.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Probably a general reply and, yeah, get used to it. 900 or so rejections+no replies before I got something. Gotta go ham.

oblitigate

New

Post by oblitigate » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:46 am

prezidentv8 wrote:Don't trip brohan. I've literally been rejected from hundreds of jobs. Sometimes, it's my derp. Other times, it's the firm's derp. Most of the time, it's the economy's derp.
I'd hire you

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”