Worth applying through USAjobs.gov? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Worth applying through USAjobs.gov?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:04 pm

For federal positions as a graduating 3L? Has anyone had any success doing this?

I ask because most of the agencies have their honors programs that they hire 3L from but they also have jobs listed on USAjobs.gov.

gdane

Diamond

Re: Worth applying through USAjobs.gov?

Post by gdane » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Are you not gonna do it if we tell you no? Just apply. There are only a handful of positions that you qualify for as a graduating 3L and it won't take you that long to apply to each.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:25 pm

I heard third hand that fed gov finally started hiring big time.

downinDtown

Bronze

Post by downinDtown » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For federal positions as a graduating 3L? Has anyone had any success doing this?

I ask because most of the agencies have their honors programs that they hire 3L from but they also have jobs listed on USAjobs.gov.
Some agencies hire straight out of law school; others hire through the Honors program. Sometimes the positions are posted internally first, but if it's showing up on USAjobs for an entry-level position, why not apply?

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:39 pm

My fiance got a job with the Social Security Administration as an Attorney-Adviser after applying after passing the bar, so hiring is not exclusively done through their honors program.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”