CA Bar Passers--Admission to Ninth Circuit? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bailey123456789

New

CA Bar Passers--Admission to Ninth Circuit?

Post by bailey123456789 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:49 pm

To all who passed the July bar.... I see I have until the end of March to submit my payment and application for the Ninth circuit, but I was wondering if this is something everybody does or if you only do it if you expect to appear there. Basically I'm tired of spending money and don't want to spend more unnecessarily

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Re: CA Bar Passers--Admission to Ninth Circuit?

Post by XxSpyKEx » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:08 pm

bailey123456789 wrote:To all who passed the July bar.... I see I have until the end of March to submit my payment and application for the Ninth circuit, but I was wondering if this is something everybody does or if you only do it if you expect to appear there. Basically I'm tired of spending money and don't want to spend more unnecessarily
I don't get it, why would you get admitted to the 9th circuit unless you're planning on practicing there? I don't see why you couldn't just get admitted at that court when/if you need to practice there.

bailey123456789

New

Re: CA Bar Passers--Admission to Ninth Circuit?

Post by bailey123456789 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Yeah that's what I was thinking I just wanted to make sure it wasn't normal for people to just do them all at once since we took all 3 oaths (CA/district/9th) at the same time (at least at my ceremony we did). thanks

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”