Has anyone heard back from Citi Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Has anyone heard back from Citi

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Stupid question. I thought the interview went well but I referred to citi as "citibank" twice in the first 5 mins of the interview, then switched to saying "citi" after the interviewer referred to it by that name. How big of a blunder is this?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:42 pm

I dont think that would be a big deal. Any guesses as to how many people you think got invited back to the final round?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I dont think that would be a big deal. Any guesses as to how many people you think got invited back to the final round?
I heard around 40. That said, does anyone have a confirmed invitation?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I dont think that would be a big deal. Any guesses as to how many people you think got invited back to the final round?
I heard around 40. That said, does anyone have a confirmed invitation?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:46 pm

I haven't heard of anyone who has one. Is this 40 number from a good source? Or just TLS speculation? That seems like a lot of people to bring in for a program that will only have 6 people.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:05 pm

I got a invite to superday, but withdrew. Don't want compliance or NYC.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:19 am

How did y'all hear about this program?

I'm feeling really uneasy about my school's career services and my own snooping skills.

Was this only circulated to NYC schools?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:Stupid question. I thought the interview went well but I referred to citi as "citibank" twice in the first 5 mins of the interview, then switched to saying "citi" after the interviewer referred to it by that name. How big of a blunder is this?
I wouldn't worry about it. I didn't apply for this program but worked for Citi before law school. One of the required HR training videos was on the history of the company, so that's where it was driven home to me that the current name is simply Citi. However, it has also recently been called Citigroup and Citicorp, and Citibank is a division (nevermind that Citi in general is a bank), so I constantly heard employees refer to it as all four. Citibank was a less common mistake as I was not in that division, but since it's the consumer arm, it's the brand others recall quickly.

Citi is proper, but I imagine saying Citibank instead is a common forgivable mistake made by applicants.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Any updates? Haven't heard anything yet, neither have other people I know who interviewed with citi.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got a invite to superday, but withdrew. Don't want compliance or NYC.
Was this by email or phone.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:23 pm

One of my friends heard back this past weekend and is interviewing there today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:59 pm

They said they'd respond at the latest today and still haven't heard anything. Probably not a good sign if the previous post is true.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:50 pm

I have not heard anything since my phone interview. I guess that means I am not invited to Superday. Oh well, I wasn't that excited about the position.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have not heard anything since my phone interview. I guess that means I am not invited to Superday. Oh well, I wasn't that excited about the position.
Lol I'm pretty sure anyone interviewing for this job in April of their 3L is excited about a 90-100k a year posotion with a big company with great benefits.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:22 pm

I have an offer elsewhere. If I didn't, I would be more disappointed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:44 pm

Should we be expecting a rejection via snail mail?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have not heard anything since my phone interview. I guess that means I am not invited to Superday. Oh well, I wasn't that excited about the position.
Lol I'm pretty sure anyone interviewing for this job in April of their 3L is excited about a 90-100k a year posotion with a big company with great benefits.
Seriously. But my resume didn't scream compliance anyway. It was more litigation. My friend with the call back worked at a Citi competitor and this is exactly the work he\she did. That call back was a no-brainer.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Seriously. But my resume didn't scream compliance anyway. It was more litigation. My friend with the call back worked at a Citi competitor and this is exactly the work he\she did. That call back was a no-brainer.
I work at a competitor and thought my call went well, but I haven't heard back. I'm guessing snail mail ding is on it's way. I expected they would just email considering all prior communications were emailed.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:40 am

Lots of anon chest-thumping up in here.

FWIW I've known people that make the jump from compliance to in house. Its not completely unheard of...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:09 am

reasonable_man wrote:Lots of anon chest-thumping up in here.

FWIW I've known people that make the jump from compliance to in house. Its not completely unheard of...

Who the hell is chest-thumping?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 am

Your callback meaning the super day or the phone interview? I doubt you would hear back from the super day this quickly.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:Your callback meaning the super day or the phone interview? I doubt you would hear back from the super day this quickly.
What post is this in reference to? You need to quote the post.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Your callback meaning the super day or the phone interview? I doubt you would hear back from the super day this quickly.
What post is this in reference to? You need to quote the post.
I edited the above post. It was a typo, sorry for any confusion. I was referring to my screener call not a "callback".

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:55 pm

Sooo just a complete lack of reply to everyone, even those who did phone interviews. Real professional.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:Sooo just a complete lack of reply to everyone, even those who did phone interviews. Real professional.

Yeah, the whole process was very unprofessional. I got the same email from different people all hours of the night.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”