Sharing Simplicity Accounts Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Sharing Simplicity Accounts

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:45 pm

Frowned upon? Legal? I have a friend at another school across the country and we were discussing the possibility of sharing Simplicity accounts. Just want to cover my back before I allow access...

Citizen Genet

Silver

Re: Sharing Simplicity Accounts

Post by Citizen Genet » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Frowned upon? Legal? I have a friend at another school across the country and we were discussing the possibility of sharing Simplicity accounts. Just want to cover my back before I allow access...
Google "Orin Kerr AND Computer Fraud and Abuse Act." Read the published articles you find. Behold how easy it is to prosecute someone for giving access to a site.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:05 pm

If you really care about this that much, I personally wouldn't, here is a good resource for you.

http://www.nalp.org/reciprocitypolicies

BostonLove

New

Post by BostonLove » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Frowned upon? Legal? I have a friend at another school across the country and we were discussing the possibility of sharing Simplicity accounts. Just want to cover my back before I allow access...
Wouldn't it be easier to just give each other job hunt tips/forward along any relevant openings? That way you also avoid mixing up your materials, one of you accidentally applying in the other one's name through Symplicity, or similar issues.

Pokemon

Gold

Post by Pokemon » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:46 pm

BostonLove wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier to just give each other job hunt tips/forward along any relevant openings? That way you also avoid mixing up your materials, one of you accidentally applying in the other one's name through Symplicity, or similar issues.

+1. Just tell your friend to look for you, and that you will look for him.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Do you get a weekly email with all the job postings? You could forward that.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:43 pm

You can also talk to your CSO about getting reciprocity with a school in a relevant region, and getting the login info for the BYU job bank.

jbiresq

Bronze

Post by jbiresq » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:37 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:You can also talk to your CSO about getting reciprocity with a school in a relevant region, and getting the login info for the BYU job bank.
The BYU Job Bank is primarily for alumni listings I thought? Some schools can be a real bitch about reciprocity (won't do it/limit your options) but it's worth a try.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:54 pm

jbiresq wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:You can also talk to your CSO about getting reciprocity with a school in a relevant region, and getting the login info for the BYU job bank.
The BYU Job Bank is primarily for alumni listings I thought? Some schools can be a real bitch about reciprocity (won't do it/limit your options) but it's worth a try.
Ah, yeah, that's probably correct.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BLUERUFiO

Bronze

Post by BLUERUFiO » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:27 pm

What's this about the BYU job bank? Do students at BYU have a sweet CSO or something?

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:41 pm

The BYU Job Bank website works with various law schools to give alumni access to compiled job bulletins from hundreds of law schools across the country. The Job Bank is available through a participating school's CDO, and we link to it in the Vale.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”