San Francisco Biglaw Associate taking questions Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: San Francisco Biglaw Associate taking questions

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I mean it is what it is... Was OK by me for the rent savings, and pretty prime location close to Polk st bars and mission bars, close enough to CalTrain, large super luxury newly renovated unit. Girls lived in my building too, they obviously would only uber to/from home at night time. The building doormen kept the riffraff away from the front of the building
names of these "large super luxury newly renovated unit"? I want to look into some of them for potential housing siche.
don't really want to give out my exact location here... I subleased a condo. Check out SOMA Grand and Trinity Place. AVA 55 Ninth. Those are two of the said buildings I in my area. I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting if you just google around, even just look on Google Maps. Everything in the area is super new.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Second year NY V5 corporate associate trying to lateral to the Bay Area in the next 3-6 months. I don't have any ties to the Area, but my fiancé was just hired by a tech company there and we intend to stay long term. I have had general exposure to M&A, Capital Markets, and Finance, but haven't specialized in any one area yet.

Can anyone speak generally to how active the lateral market is for corporate associate in the Bay Area right now? Does it make sense to start my search now or should I wait until I've been at my current firm a full 2 years? To anyone who has successfully lateralled, did you apply to positions posted or directly email the recruiting contact with your information?

Really any general advice on how to best position myself to make this move would be greatly appreciated.
PM me - very similar path to yours and I navigated it successfully

Jchance

Silver

Post by Jchance » Wed May 10, 2017 5:01 pm

^LOL, 2 anons trying to PM one another.

BayCat24

New

Post by BayCat24 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Second year NY V5 corporate associate trying to lateral to the Bay Area in the next 3-6 months. I don't have any ties to the Area, but my fiancé was just hired by a tech company there and we intend to stay long term. I have had general exposure to M&A, Capital Markets, and Finance, but haven't specialized in any one area yet.

Can anyone speak generally to how active the lateral market is for corporate associate in the Bay Area right now? Does it make sense to start my search now or should I wait until I've been at my current firm a full 2 years? To anyone who has successfully lateralled, did you apply to positions posted or directly email the recruiting contact with your information?

Really any general advice on how to best position myself to make this move would be greatly appreciated.
PM me - very similar path to yours and I navigated it successfully
My mistake - I'm the most recent anon

bruinfan10

Silver

Post by bruinfan10 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I lived on 6th in Soma right across from the tenderloin. It was fine for me as a dude who didn't mind punching a few crackheads that got too close, but chicks didn't love it when I gave them my address to meet me at my place, especially after dark
Do the homeless/druggies bother you if you, as a dude, wear suit to work everyday, walking from/through Tenderloin?
yes, with some frequency. i walked through the tenderloin in a suit every day for a year, sometimes later in the evening than i should have, people do get in your face. i didn't have to get physical with anyone, possibly because of my look, more likely due to luck, but it's a toss up any given day. i hate sf.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:46 am

Mission st from 5th to s van ness is the tenderloin south.

So don't live there! Live in a real neighborhood and hate munI like a real san franciscan.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”